
LAHORE: Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid said here on Sunday that the ban on YouTube would be lifted soon because a software had been developed for blocking content that hurt people’s sentiments.
The video sharing website was blocked in September 2012 after its administration and Google Incorporation refused to comply with a request by Pakistan and some other Muslim countries to remove a blasphemous video from the site.
About the demand for checking broadcast of foreign content by some private TV channels, Mr Rashid asked civil society, owners of media houses and professionals to come up with proposals for resolving the issue because any step taken by the government could be construed as an attempt to gag the media.
He said that he feared that discretionary powers could open the door to misuse of authority by officials.
Source
Wasim Akram & Waqar Younis tweet on Imran Khan's health
Shahid Afridi's reply to journalist regarding Imran Khan's eyesight issue
A Woman And Her Child Died Falling From Akbar Chowk Flyover In Lahore
Distraught woman climbs to a Mosque's minaret with her five children in Lahore
Government decides to shift Imran Khan from jail to hospital
Indian captain Suryakumar Yadav speaks about handshake with Pakistan team











